Small fry hi-point named
October 18th, 2018Tweet
Kenzie Bracken is going home to Trafalgar, Indiana as a Congress Champion after cleaning up in the small fry division.
The 10-year-old snagged the top spot for 2018 Small Fry Hi-Point with Styles Sophisticated earning 35 points at the All American Quarter Horse Congress.
This isn't the first Congress win for Styles Sophisticated. Kenzie's mom Laura won a Champion title with him in 2011.
"The horse was retired and turned out in the broodmare pasture for three years before Kenzie asked to ride him," said Jerry Bracken, Kenzie's father and owner of Styles Sophisticated.
The Brackens have raised Styles Sophisticated since birth and also raised the fourth place hi-point horse Sudenlysophisticated.
"There are three foal siblings here that kids are showing at the Congress and they're all doing very well," said Laura Bracken, Kenzie's mother.
Kenzie said her practice for the showmanship class was awful and she didn't think she'd be able to pull it together for a win but was pleasantly surprised the following day when she claimed the Champion title.
"I never thought I was going to win but I am definitely excited that I did," said Kenzie.
Results for the Small Fry Hi-Point Standings:
1. Kenzie Bracken and Styles Sophisticated
2. Dana Moody and Cudda Invited Me
3. Ainsley Pick and Terms Me On
4. Elden J. Fredenburg and Sudenlysophisticated
5. Landon Thomas Tingle and Zippy Old Scotch
6. Makenna Harrison and This Cowgirls Lopin
7. Alyssa Kladny and Asset Appeal
8. Liv Winter and A Diggin Hot TIme
9. Olivia Scileppi and Krymsunology
10. Madeline Langlois and Washable Art